Here is a list of some of our most frequently asked questions (FAQ). If you can’t find what you are looking for then please call us at
812-372-3419. Thank you!
Q: What items do you accept for donations?
Sans Souci happily takes many items including clothing, most furniture pieces (no rips or stains), household items, decorations, seasonal items, books, movies, etc.
Q: What items don’t you accept?
Sans Souci greatly appreciates every donation that we receive. However, when Sans Souci receives items that we cannot sell, we must dispose of them. Disposal of the following items can be costly and when we are left with these costs, the amount of funds we have available to help community members and our employees reduces. Sans Souci’s mission statement is to be the community partner that improves the ability of our neighbors to support themselves “Without Worry.” Together, we can help accomplish this mission and make Bartholomew County a better place to live and work.
Donations Sans Souci cannot accept:
· Televisions and computers (including monitors)
· Refrigerators and gas appliances
· Documents containing personal information (please check through items before donating to ensure protection of your information)
· Remodel items (Carpeting, windows, doors, paint, lumber etc.)
· Used tires
· Car seats, cribs and strollers
· Mattresses and box springs
· Comforters, sleeping bags, stuffed animals and pillows
· Helmets, ice skates, roller skates
· Used makeup
· Opened food
· Household trash and garbage
· Large commercial desks and entertainment centers
· Air conditioners and furnaces
· Pianos and organs
For additional questions on donating policies, please call our store line at 812-372-3419.
Q: What are your hours?
Sans Souci is open Monday-Friday 10am-5pm and Saturday 10am-4pm. We are closed on Sundays.
Q: How do I schedule a pickup?
Please note that Sans Souci only provides pickups for larger furniture pieces in good condition and that are within a 10 mile radius of Sans Souci. Our drivers cannot enter inside your home so items must be in the garage or a front porch. If you are interested in scheduling a pickup then please call 812-372-3419 and we would be happy to schedule a time for our drivers to come pick up your items!
Q: How do I get clothing vouchers?
Please call United Way 211 (by dialing the number 2-1-1) where you will speak to an employee. This is a quick conversation. United Way 211 then sends a referral to Sans Souci (usually a referral only takes 15 minutes to come over) that you can pick up anytime Monday-Friday 1pm-4pm.